This Lesson is a part of AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional. In this, you will study about provisioning,
operating, and managing distributed application systems on the AWS
platform. This path is intended for both IT ops engineers and developers
preparing for the exam.
Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code
- Continuous Delivery and Automation on AWS for DevOps Engineers.
- Monitoring and Event Response on AWS for DevOps Engineers.
- Security Policies and Standards Automation on AWS for DevOps Engineers.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery on AWS for DevOps Engineers.
- Infrastructure as code enables you to quickly set up your complete infrastructure by running a script.
- Apply testing to infrastructure in the form of unit testing, functional testing, and integration testing.
- Avoid written documentation,
since the code itself will document the state of the machine. This is
particularly powerful because it means, for the first time, that
infrastructure documentation is always up to date.
- Enable collaboration around infrastructure configuration and provisioning, most notably between dev and ops.
configuration management utilizes pull request-based code review
workflows to automate deployment of code changes to a live software
- Configuration management enables agile teams to clearly triage and prioritize configuration work.