This Lesson is a part of AWS Certified DevOps Engineer– Professional. In this, you will study about validating your expertise with DevOps by covering a variety of topics such as service availability, operating, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and managing applications on the AWS platform. By the end of this course, you will be prepared to learn the advanced technical skills needed to become a DevOps subject matter expert.
High Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recovery
- Determine appropriate use of multi-AZ versus multi-region architectures.
- Determine how to implement high availability, scalability, and fault tolerance.
- Determine the right services based on business needs (e.g., RTO/RPO, cost).
- Determine how to design and automate disaster recovery strategies.
- Evaluate a deployment for points of failure.
- Protection from downtime.
- Maximum flexibility.
- Simplify maintenance.
- Avoid a situation where the functionality of the system becomes unavailable due to a fault.
tolerance is necessary for systems that are used to protect people’s
safety in systems that security, data protection, data integrity, and
high-value transactions all depend on.
- Preventative measures that reduce the risk of a man-made disaster taking place.
- Detective measures aimed at identifying unwanted events quickly.
- Corrective measures that restore lost data and allow for business processes to resume in the aftermath of a disaster.